| Saint Paul, MN | Posted February 23, 2017 |
Think Small, Minnesota’s leader in early learning, is dedicated to advancing quality care and education of children in their critical early years. Join our team!
The Annual Giving and Events Coordinator position will organize and implement Think Small’s annual giving activities including appeals, acknowledgements, reports and other communications and will be responsible for events related to the identification, stewardship, and cultivation of donors. The position will also manage the donor database and provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer and the Advancement Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate and implement annual giving activities including direct mail solicitations, internal and on-line appeals, and other scheduled donor communication including an annual report to donors
• Coordinate the logistics of special acquisition, cultivation and stewardship events and activities
• Enable enhanced donor relations utilizing donor segmentation and strategies to provide timely, relevant and tailored communications to donors
• Provide appropriate and timely gift acknowledgement and recognition of donors
• Enter, process and document contributions according to agency guidelines
• Maintain donor database (Raiser’s Edge), ensuring accuracy of records, reports and mailing lists
• Perform prospect research to identify potential new sources of funding
• Respond to or refer donor inquiries as appropriate
• Maintain department’s electronic and paper files and perform other administrative support duties
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in fundraising and development
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge required, certification preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint)
• Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Occasional evening hours to support agency events
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Think Small offers competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Our 100+ employee agency offers flexible schedules and a family-friendly, professional work environment in an award winning building located in St. Paul/Little Canada near Highways 35E and 694. We also have an office in Minneapolis off Highway 280 and East Hennepin Avenue.
HOW TO APPLY:
Position available immediately. Submit cover letter and resume with salary expectations to: email@example.com with job title on the subject line. Think Small is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This position will be located at our main office, 10 Yorkton Court, St Paul, MN 55117.