| Saint Paul, MN | Posted March 31, 2017 |
As the state’s largest coalition of environmental and conservation organizations, Minnesota Environmental Partnership (MEP) works to protect and restore Minnesota’s natural environment.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Director
JOB STATUS: Full-Time. Willing to consider flexible schedule or divided responsibilities for qualified applicants.
MEP is seeking a talented experienced professional to grow and diversify the organization by leading MEP’s development and communications work. This person will be key in charting MEP’s continued success while expanding and engaging our network of members and supporters. This person will be responsible for leading all aspects of MEP’s development and communications work. This position is a great opportunity for the right person to have a real impact on our state’s natural resources while enhancing MEP’s development and communications programs. MEP is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse staff. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and lead the implementation of annual development plan in conjunction with the Executive Director, other staff and Board of Directors to meet short- and long-term revenue goals;
• Work with Executive Director to provide support and guidance to the Board of Directors and Sserve as lead staff to MEP Board Development Committee;
• Work with the Executive Director to create and track organizational budget goals.
• Conduct prospect research on foundations and individual donors and prepare briefing materials;
• Prepare letters-of-inquiry and proposals for submission;
• Create and manage individual donor campaigns and appeals, including bulk mailings and emails
• Work closely with the Executive Director and key volunteers to cultivate and solicit major gifts;
• Track foundation grants, work with program staff to develop and submit required reports;
• Track and update prospects, donors and acknowledgments on database;
• Use database to create reports, analyze results and create mailings;
• Prepare and present summary information on MEP as required;
• Work with volunteers and staff to organize special events
MAJOR COMMUNICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in development of communications strategies for MEP
• Provide guidance to organizational and coalition communications strategies.
• Develop and share messaging on a variety of environmental & conservation issues.
• Supervise MEP’s Operations Assistant in maintaining MEP’s web and social media presence.
• Coordinate polling projects and message development;
• Coordinate annual message training for member organizations;
• Lead development and distribution of press releases and statements;
• Develop presentations as needed;
• Produce communication materials including appeals, brochures, flyers and other materials as needed; the Environmental Briefing Book and other materials as needed.
• Supervise and oversee the Operations Assistant in producing weekly email updates and social media updates; and
• Report on development and communications activities to board and others as needed.
• At least 5 years successful fundraising/communications experience including implementation of components of development plan;
• Knowledge of local and regional funders;
• Keen understanding of donor characteristics and motivations and excellent relationship building skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Experience in web content and database management;
• Experience with and knowledge of social media and marketing campaigns;
• Experience with production of newsletters, brochures and other marketing materials
• Graphic design capabilities;
• Self-motivation and initiative as well as ability and eagerness to work as part of a team;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, creative design and donor management software; and
• High level of organizational skills, creativity with attention to detail.
• Familiarity with nonprofit management, budgeting and project tracking;
• Experience with member based organizations
• Experience with environmental, conservation or policy topics
• Strong teamwork ethic, flexible with positive, proactive attitude and a sense of humor
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong personal commitment to protect and restore our Great Outdoors
Competitive and dependent upon the qualifications of the applicant. Salary range: $60,000 – 71,000/year with a generous package of benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application review will begin April 10th 2017. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to:
Steve Morse, Executive Director
Minnesota Environmental Partnership
546 Rice St, #100
St. Paul, Minnesota 55103